viernes, 24 de octubre de 2008

Creative Writing: I am Poem

This activity is very simple to carry out in class, and it is also very revealing. You will be surprised with the outcome! Before starting, it would be a good idea to revise literature concepts such as metaphor, similies, images. You can do this through the song "Feeling Good" by Michael Boubblé.
I recommend you to play soft background music while the children are writing. It helps to create a nice atmosphere. The children can let their imagination fly.
Here is the layout for the children to write their poem. I will include some examples of their writings soon. Stay tuned!

I am...

1st Stanza

I am (two special characteristics you have)
I wonder (something you are actually curious about)
I hear (an imaginary sound)
I see (an imaginary sight)
I want (an actual desire)
I am (repeat the first line of the poem)

2nd Stanza

I pretend (something you really pretend to do)
I feel (a feeling about something imaginary)
I touch (something you imagine you touch)
I worry (a worry that is real to you)
I cry (something that makes you very sad)
I am (repeat the first line of the poem)

3rd Stanza

I understand (something you know is true)
I say (something you believe in)
I dream (a dream you actually have)
I try (something you make an effort to do)
I hope (something you rally hope for)
I am (repeat the first line)

No hay comentarios: